Monday, April 04, 2011

April fools day!

I totally forgot to write about April Fool's Day!
I have an amazing cousin who always does the funnest April Fool's Day tricks for her kids.  Really, really fun, cute tricks.  She is an inspiration.  However, I never start thinking about the next month until it actually *is* the next month, and since April Fool's Day is April 1, I usually forget until the day of when it's too late to do anything really fun.
But, the boys did not forget.  They played some pretty funny tricks (mostly on me).
They taped the water-sprayer attachment into the on position at the sink so that when I turned on the water, it sprayed everywhere.  Luckily, in my wheelchair, I was not directly in the line of fire.  However water did get everywhere, and much hilarity was enjoyed by the boys.
The next one was really creative.  They got the buzzer from our Taboo game, and while I was sitting on the piano bench practicing with Brigham, Joseph sneaked behind me and slipped the buzzer underneath the cushion of my wheelchair.  So when I sat down, the buzzer started going off.  Very loudly.  And I couldn't figure out where it was coming from!  I yelled at Joseph to turn the buzzer off, but he didn't have it!  Finally one of the boys, I think Mosey, clued me in, and I reached around and pulled the buzzer out.  I went from annoyed to very amused at their creativity.
They taped the handles of the exercise bike together (it's the kind that has levers you push with your arms as well as pedals).
They asked me where the food coloring was, I'm sure for another trick, but we were all out.  Darn it!  :-)
Finally, late that night when I was finally going to bed, I lay down and as soon as my head hit the pillow, that darned buzzer went off again and scared the heck out of me!  One last trick of the boys.
I want to do better next year since I think the years that my boys will think silly jokes are really funny are limited.  Somebody remind me when it is March 30!

No comments: