Monday, March 29, 2010

projects

I've been working on a few projects the last several weeks. I made a quilt for the new grandbaby of the woman who cleans my house. Her son is her work partner, it's actually his baby girl. I think I like this best of the actual quilt-block quilts that I've made. It sure is time consuming, though.



And a few weeks ago we had a sewing basics class for Relief Society. Among other things, we made pillow cases. I found a really great pattern (easy!!) and went to Walmart to get cheap fabric. Mosey was my willing pillowcase model. I think I will donate them to the 1 million pillowcase challenge. The Relief Society activity went well, I think, although my sewing machine was a sad casualty. It fell while I was driving to church and didn't survive. At least it gave me an excuse to buy a new machine! :-)







(this one is upside down)

3 comments:

Mama said...

Such CUTE pillowcases!!! I have never heard of the million pillowcase challenge before -- I want to join in too. Sorry about your sewing machine, but it sounds like you made the best of it :) Tell Mosey he made a great model! And finally, your quilt has totally inspired me to make "real" quilts for all the rest of my grandbabies yet to come. It is so beautiful!!

Kelly said...

Sorry about your sewing machine. The quilt turned out cute and so are the pillow cases. One of these days I hope to attend a mid-week Relief Society meeting in our ward!

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El NiƱo Y Tu Pilin