Monday, May 11, 2009

For Grandma






We spent the last 2 days in Charlottesville, and got the chance to spend some time with Naomi (my little sister), Dave (for a couple of hours before he had to leave town), and of course the adorable Miss Polly. We did a photoshoot (naturally!), but those photos will have to wait. I did take some snapshots with my little camera, though, and I couldn't resist posting them now.
Polly is SO cute! She has the most adorable chubby cheeks, and her mouth turns up just perfectly when she smiles. She also has dimples!! I tried mightily to catch those dimples on film, but didn't quite succeed.
My boys were very interested in Polly, especially Brigham. He kept wanting to hold her and he was very gentle and sweet. Joseph I think thought of her as a very interesting curiosity. He kept calling her "it." ("It likes to suck on its hands, mom!"). I'd have to tell him, "Polly is a person, Joseph, a girl person!" Mosey kept trying to find ways to make her laugh, and while most of his attempts I think scared her more than anything, he did get a few grins.
I love her age right now (well, I love all the ages, but, you know...); she is still so little and compact, but has got some pudge on her as well. She's just this roly poly little bundle of soft babyness. I will miss her!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Congratulate Naomi for me. Polly is so cute!!!

Mama said...

This Grandma is SOOOOOO glad that you are visiting Naomi! Not only to share her very first Mothers Day with her, but so that you can capture this adorable little girl on camera --You (and your cameras and your talent) are such a blessing in our family, Gabrielle. You make me feel like I am holding that cute little girl in my own arms and kissing those irresistible cheeks myself. I love you! Drive safely and enjoy your adventure!! Love, Mama

Anonymous said...

Is her name Pollyanna? I really pulled for that name for my girl...even though we settled on Judith...but I still love that name!
She is adorable...I love the arm rolls. I always miss them when they go away.

Jill T said...

I'm so glad you posted these pics of Polly. What a cutie. Does Naomi have a blog?