Monday, March 09, 2009

Baby doll surgery



I bought this baby doll when I was pregnant with Mosey, hoping to show the twins how to be gentle with a baby. Yeah, right. It became a 4-limbed projectile almost immediately.
I've kept it around since we do *occasionally* have little girls over to play.
The boys found it and decided to do a little surgery. Actually, Joseph and Mosey conspired to cut off its arms, and then Brigham was worried I'd be mad, so he tried to reattach the arms. He cut little holes in the belly and farther down the arms, and strung yarn through these holes and tied the yarn.
I really appreciated his efforts, and praised his ingenuity. Then gently suggested that next time he could come to me and I'd show him how to use a needle and thread.
I did manage to sew up all the little holes and get the arms reattached. I'm not sure why I bothered... I guess to show the boys that our toys are not disposable.
Maybe it's a good thing I never had that last baby I wanted so much. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My youngest boy LOVES dolls, and babies. He has two that are his alone. :)
I'm not sure how he's gonna feel when there's a REAL baby around the house. But, I suspect he'll try to be very helpful.
I LOVE the holes and the yarn strung through...raising engineers? Good problem solving skills I must say!

Anonymous said...

Future doctor? :)

Dan and Merideth said...

Gotta love kids!!