Thursday, September 25, 2008

Home Alone

As of yesterday, I am officially on my own. At least, between the hours of 7:30 AM and 6:30 PM. Christine, Elijah, and Lucy are now back home in Boston with Brigham (the big one, that is). It was so great having them here. I hope Christine thought so! Elijah and Mosey of course had the normal spats that kids their age will have. One of them was over this pair of fuzzy, pink butterfly wings, believe it or not. They managed to take turns, however, and I didn't waste the photo-op.


Tryin' out to be the tooth fairy (Christine, click to see it larger-- I'll email them to you).


YES! He finally got the butterfly wings!


Joseph and Brigham I think are glad to have our home back to "normal," and to be able to build their Kapla creations without the danger of little ones knocking them over. Here's one they made recently-- a re-creation of the Babylonian temple considered to have been the real Tower of Babel.

Later on, they got out our Book of Mormon action figures and decorated it with "knights" and "warriors." We had read about ancient Babylon in our history books this past week, so I was glad they had absorbed at least some of it!

Tuesday was Ben's first day as Coach! I think it went really well. The kids all had fun, especially Joseph and Brigham. More work than Ben was really expecting out of this soccer business, but I think it will be just right for the boys. Mosey was out there running around, too, which I didn't feel bad about, because his dad was the coach! There were about 9 kids out there, and a couple more joined tonight, I'm told.




Beautiful sunset over the practice field.

Today went pretty well, sans sisters. It was busy with lessons, then errands, then doctor's appointment (counts are ok, about the same as last week, platelets good, hemoglobin ok, white blood count ok, neutrophil count a little low, but not too bad), then piano lessons, then dinner, then soccer, then bed! I scheduled my doctor's appointment next week for Wednesday so Thursdays won't be so busy.
Here comes the weekend!

4 comments:

Christine said...

We LOVED being there! In fact you haven't heard from me because as I predicted, things got crazy busy around here about an hour after I got home. Awww, real life after an escape :) Poor Brigham has barely seen me since Wednesday!
I just had a vague recollection of picking up the piano paper and putting it on a high shelf in the play room, probably the shelf with the markers. Hopefully it's there! I was so spacey when you called because I was at the grocery store and totally multi-tasking. I probably forgot a few things that I put up high out of Lucy's reach, sorry if you are searching for things for a few days!
We miss you already and Elijah is dead bored without his cousins!

Kelly said...

What are you talking about SANS sisters!? You got an entire ward of your "sisters" around, girlfriend! I know, we're not quite the kind that will move in with you for a couple weeks, but hey, just a shout away, I'm sure you could get many of us to come by! Your "REAL" sisters sure are awesome in any case!

Way to go Ben, the soccer dad.

they call me mommy said...

that babylonian temple reconstruct and the sunset are both AMAZING!!!

<3
Cheryl

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El NiƱo Y Tu Pilin