Friday, May 16, 2008

No Internet access

I've been without Internet access for a week, and I'm not sure when we'll be getting it back (I'm at a friend's house now). The cable coming into our house was broken, and AT&T is having a very hard time getting it fixed. They've been out 3 times this week so far. Now they're saying they'll have to splice from a cable out behind our property line. Ugh!
So, that's where I've been, and I'm not entirely sure when I'll be back on line. I hope soon!
Good news, I got my MRI and lumbar puncture scheduled for this coming Wednesday. And I'm starting another 5 day course of solumedrol (IV steroids) this afternoon. I can't walk at all anymore, and I don't want to show up at the neurologist's next week completely unable to walk, since I'm supposed to be in that 3.5-5.5 EDSS range. They've told me I'll still be in the study regardless, but I'm pretty wary because of some of the weird stuff that's happened.
Also, it's just really a pain to do anything when you can't walk! :-)
I'm nervous because it's a little scary to see where my new "baseline" will be. It goes down every time I have to do these stupid steroids. But, whatever will be, will be, and I'll adapt.
I'll be back blogging about boring stuff pretty soon I hope!

1 comment:

Rena said...

Gabby, I hope you are able to walk soon! I can't even imagine how irritaing that would be.
Thank you for the quick response on the picture thing. I wrote about you on my blog :)(about photography)