Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!

So I had fun making the boys' valentines this year. The only glitch was that my camera decided to go on the fritz after 3 shots of Joseph. I am very bummed about this. I've done everything I can find out about online (I'm getting the dreaded Error 99 code) with no luck, so I think I will have to send it in. Which is a pain because it will be expensive, and I'm wanting to upgrade my camera anyway, and don't really want to put money into this one. But I'm not ready to jump in and buy the upgrade either. What to do??? So I took most of the shots with my point-and-shoot which is not nearly as good. Ugh.
So these first two pictures are what I printed on the front and back of cards to grandparents and cousins.



The boys with their photo-shoot bribes. Brigham had been wearing blue pants to match his brothers, but he really wanted to be dressed in "all red" for Valentine's day, so he changed into his red shorts.




This was the last shot-- finally given permission to dig in!


So for the Valentines to be sent to school, I took pictures of the boys pretending to hold a giant lollipop (I photoshopped in a lollipop so you can see the effect). Then I took an exacto knife and cut slits on the top and bottom of the boys' hands, and slid the stick of a real lollipop between them. I took some pictures (crappy pictures, sorry) of the final product down below.

Front and back of Joseph's card




Front and back of Brigham's card




Front and back of Mosey's card




This is what was printed on the inside. I took a picture of the heart candies to photoshop around the poem.



The final product of Joseph's and Brigham's cards. I forgot to take a picture of Mosey's before he took them to school. They looked like this, though, with the lollipop through his hands. The Kinko's guy had the HARDEST time printing these out. I hope he was new, because it really wasn't that complicated... He gave me about 25 free "mistakes." Next time I'll get these done earlier and have them printed through WHCC. It will save me a bunch of time trimming and stuff, too.




The inside.




The back.




Two boys, very sick with Chocolate fever!


Joseph told me that at school on Thursday his friends told him "Your brother looks scary!" Maybe I overdid the dark circles under Brigham's eyes... He has much fairer skin than Joseph, though, so the dark circles show up a lot more! I kinda think Joseph looks like the scary one in this picture!

4 comments:

Christine said...

wow, those valentine's are amazing. Great idea and impressive execution! If I were as talented as you maybe I oculd pull together something better than spiderman cards with the typical red stucker (all pre-maid in the bag, 1.99 at Target, so sad.) When Elijah starts school I'm going to have to step it up a little :)

Angee said...

Wow! I want to do that to. You need to go on Martha Stewart. Maybe you could make a book on how to do all the holiday crafts that you do. With instructions for the computer stuff. Pretty dang Cool!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly said...

Those valentines turned out to be so adorable. Lindsey had actually told me about them earlier. I love the pictures you took of the conversation hearts and then photoshopped.

What's the deal with the chocolate fever? Did they go to school like that for some special day? Explain it further please.

I'm always going all out on my kids valentines too. Sometimes I wonder why I do it, but I can't bear to use those cheapo commercial ones.

Even with your point and shoot, your photographs are awesome. But I'm sure you want your camera fixed. Good luck with that.

Kelly said...

Never mind. I just read the next post and got my explanation.