Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Mosey's first day of preschool

Love that cheeky grin


He's proud to be such a "big boy!"


Showing off his new purple backpack (he picked it out himself)


Jumping for joy!! He was completely ready for school 40 minutes before we had to leave and he kept asking me, "How many more minutes until we go to preschool?"

Finally! Running down the pathway toward his classroom.
I tried to get one more picture of Mosey entering his classroom, but he was so excited, he literally ran in, and went straight over to the toys and wouldn't look back when I called his name. Either he was really excited for preschool, or really excited to finally have something more interesting to do than hang out with mom all day!
Hi Everyone,
I haven't updated in a week! I've been busy, not too much computer time, and I've been trying really hard to get to bed on time. That's my excuse.
So yesterday Mosey started preschool! He'll be going Monday and Friday mornings. He did great. No fuss going in, just went right in and started playing. There was a little drama getting to the point where he could go, though. Last Wednesday night was the orientation, and I found out I did not receive the medical information packet over the summer (due to moving houses I'm sure). The preschool had to have it by Friday or else Mosey wouldn't be allowed to go on Monday. So I had one day to find a doctor who would give him a physical and update his vaccinations. Thursday morning I called about 10 doctors, everyone was booked up for several weeks. I called all the urgent cares in the area, but none of them did well-child checkups or vaccinations. Finally one doctor's office I called said they had no openings, but they knew of a brand-new clinic in Pflugerville that probably had openings. They weren't on my insurance list, but when I called they had an opening that day, AND they accepted my insurance. Yay! By that point, I would have paid out of pocket if I had to. So then I had to get Mosey's vaccination records from his doctor in FL faxed over to the new office. But the FL doctor needed a signed medical release form. They didn't have any to fax to me, so I'd have to get it at the new doctor's office. But my appointment with Mosey (first one after lunch) was at 1:00, just when the FL office manager was leaving the office for 2 hours. So I went to the clinic 20 minutes early, hoping to find someone in who could give me the medical release form for me to sign, fax it back, and then have the FL office fax back his records before the office manager left the office. Well, everyone there was in a staff meeting. I tried to explain the situation, but the lady didn't understand I think, and said I'd have to wait until after the staff meeting. So I called the FL office and told the girl that I couldn't get the medical release form, was there any way she could fax the doctor's office Mosey's records anyway? They weren't even going to me, just the doctor's office. I could verify Mosey's SS number, everything. And I'd definitely have the medical release form faxed back within 15 minutes. But no, she HAD to have the medical release form first. Ugh. She said she'd wait 10 more minutes before leaving the office. Anyway, finally the staff meeting got done, I got a medical release form, and the office manager faxed it back to FL. But it had been about 20 minutes, not 10, and the girl had already left the office. Well, Mosey got his checkup, and he is healthy. He has a small heart murmur, like me and Brigham, but nothing to think twice about. He is 95% in height, and 75% in weight!!! Wow, big guy. 36 lbs, 39.5 inches. The doctor said the only immunization he may not have had was Hepatitis A. Some states don't require it, but Texas does. She didn't know about FL. Still, his records hadn't been faxed over. She said when they did, she'd call me if he hadn't had the hepatitis shot, and I could come in the next morning to get it done so I could have his medical records complete for preschool. What a pain, the place is half an hour away, plus there was a "meet the teacher" for all the little kids in the morning, and we'd have to miss that if I had to take him back over to Pflugerville. Well, JUST as we were leaving, the fax finally came through!! Sure enough, he hadn't had the hepatitis vaccination, so he got one shot (he was very brave, didn't cry), we got our forms signed, and we were done!! Whew!
The boys are doing well at school. They are adjusting to their earlier bedtime, slowly. Brigham needs to be in the same room as Joseph. He thinks he wants to be in the room with Mosey, but the two of them just mess around and tease each other, and never get to sleep. And Brigham can't fall asleep if he's alone in the room. So anyway, we're trying to get Brigham and Joseph to go to sleep in Joseph's room, and Mosey goes to sleep in his room. It is so hard for those little boys to settle down!! They just won't lay still. Finally two nights ago, when I was SOOOOO frustrated with Joseph, who wouldn't stop wiggling around, laying with his head and feet hanging over the sides of the bed, etc., etc., I asked him if he wanted me to hypnotize him to sleep. He thought that was cool, so I had him lay very still, and I did a relaxation/visualization thing with him, describing a peaceful mountain scene, and having him relax his muscles one at a time from his toes to his head. And you know what? It actually worked! He didn't fall asleep, but when I left the room, he was relaxed and within a few minutes he was asleep. So last night I did the same thing with Joseph and Brigham (beach scene this time), and it worked again! Brigham still tried to get up and move into Mosey's room, but I told him he had to go back in bed, and he did, and they all fell asleep before 9:00, which is amazing around here recently. Hopefully the novelty won't wear off and that will continue to work.
I've slowly been getting things set up around here. The last few days I've been working on hanging mirrors and pictures. That's the kind of thing that normally takes me months and months to get around to, but I'm tired of just getting my house decorated the way I like, and then having to move. So this time I'm doing the decorating first. Well, not painting or anything yet, but at least getting all the home decor items put in their place. Hanging mirrors and stuff is hard. I'm such a perfectionist, everything HAS to be level and symmetrical and all that. So it takes me a while with my measuring tape and my laser level, getting the drywall anchors put in, and adjusting everything just so. But it's coming along. I have all the pictures and mirrors up. I have several floating shelves that I have to install on brackets, and I haven't tackled those yet. And I really need to update the photographs. But at least it is something. Today I really must do housework, though. Not as much fun as decorating, but a necessary evil.
Daddy, we all know you're as green as a frog.
Mama, why don't you have any desire to see the Harry Potter movie? I thought it was the best one yet, and WELL worth seeing on the big screen.
Rosalynde, I hope Elena is adjusting. I've been praying for her and you.
Naomi, how's the job search? Anything else popping up, or are you just hanging out waiting for the NexisLexis job?
Christine, I think your motto, "live to serve, not to impress," is very good. I need to try to apply that more.
Rachel, what do you like so much about your literary theory class?
Benjamin, (Elder Frandsen), are you seeing signs of Fall in Germany?
Abe, are you getting the hang of college life? Getting up on time?
Christian, I haven't heard anything but tidbits about some trouble with the choral department? Tell me about it.
Eva, I got your birthday letter, thank you so much, it is so sweet. And I concede to your final point regarding "It's weird and I hate it."
Have a great day everyone.

No comments: