Monday, September 24, 2007

It is Fall!!

Fall is here. So why is it still so hot outside? LOL
Yesterday was Church day (as the boys call Sundays). We were there on time!! Hurray. Thank you Ben for helping so much.
Ben got a new calling, he is now the Webelos pack leader (is that the right name?). So he will get to go to Sunday School with me and Priesthood meeting, instead of wrangling hyperactive 7 and 8 year olds. Hopefully this isn't an out of the frying pan, into the fire sort of move.
Yesterday afternoon I cooked up a storm. Made chicken enchiladas, which I love, although they are not low-calorie. Also made an apple pie with the boys with some apples that were past their prime (always a good thing to do with produce before it goes bad). The boys had a little too much fun helping me make the pie crust and flour pretty much got everywhere. And then Joseph thought it would be fun to pour flour into a couple of water glasses, so then there was paste everywhere. Oh well, we're making memories, right? The pie was good. Also not low-calorie. The crust takes a cup of shortening, and the filling called for 1/2 cup of butter, although I reduced that to 1/4 cup. Still lots and lots of fat grams, but I've been pretty good, only eating about half a slice. Of course I did have 2 wedges of the cookie cake served at the Standards Night fireside last night. That went well, although a lot of work. We had displays along the walls of the cultural hall, for each of the topics in For the Strength of Youth. I was in charge of the music and dancing display, and the entertainment and media display. I helped set up before hand, served out the cookie cake during the reception beforehand, and then helped clean everything up at the end. It was fun although my legs got pretty bad by the end of the evening. Too much walking around, dragging tables, carrying chairs, etc., etc. I really like our new bishop (liked our old one too, but I'm just getting to know the new one). He spoke about half the time-- the first half of the program some of the Laurels and Priests spoke. I told Ben when I got home that his mannerisms remind me of a general authority, maybe Elder Eyring. Anyway, it was a good night.
That's it for today!! This afternoon I'm taking Mosey to the library right after preschool, then it's TKD later on for the boys, then FHE, then bed!! (I'm already looking forward to going to bed, not a good thing for a Monday!)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for all the work on the Standards Night, Gabby. It was a tremendously successful event. It was my favorite one I've been to, and I've been to several. All the hard work added to the meeting going so well. The youth speakers and the Bishop's talk combined was the best part of the night. I thought it was so appropriate to have the socializing, mingling, and refreshments in the beginning. Thanks again!