Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day

Here are 3 pictures from the Spanish Fork Reservoir (which I never knew existed until a month ago!) We went up there with Grandma Jackee and Liz's kids Jack and Luke (Luke's the baby, not pictured in the escapades of the bigger boys).





Note how three of the 4 have on matching swimsuits. Gotta love the Target clearance rack!

And here are a few more pictures from our vacation:

This is how Brigham spent most of his time at Grandma Frandsen's house, building elaborate railroad track structures, and then asking me to take pictures of them!


Here are 3 of the many boy cousins my kids have. Jack Whitney, Isaac and Max Turner, and Joseph!


And here is Mosey for good measure, a popsicle in one hand, and his trusty (original) Sunshine Bear in the other.

Hi Everyone,
Here is our update for the past few days.
Friday night by the time Ben got home from work, I was too tired to do anything too extravagant for my birthday. So instead we ordered pizza and stayed home and watched a movie, which was just perfect.
Saturday in the morning we listened to Harry Potter (book 3 now) and I cleaned out and organized my craft desk. In the afternoon we did a little better birthday celebration and went to eat at Texas Land and Cattle (yeah, I know, really weird name, but a good steak restaurant!), and then went and got an ice cream maker, something I've been wanting for a while. It's a nice one that doesn't require any ice or salt. We already broke it in by making a batch of reeces peanut butter caramel cup vanilla ice cream. Yum! Anyway, then we dropped Ben off at home to watch the BYU game and do some work, and the boys and I went to Frye's where we got a telescope, originally $390, marked down to $149, because it was a floor model and missing this controller piece which I will hopefully be able to order from the company. If not I'll take it back I guess. Then to the dollar store for the boys to spend some of the clean-up money they've been earning, then to Blockbuster, then to the grocery store. I was BEAT by the time I got back home.
Sunday was church and a pretty relaxing afternoon. I took a long nap while Ben entertained the boys.
Today we spent several hours "laboring," straightening and cleaning up the house, sweeping and mopping a little, I weeded around the front flowerbeds, did 4 loads of laundry, and then we all went up to the lake for a while, and then to a park where the boys went on a hike with Ben and saw a huge rattlesnake!! I was too worn out to do much so I stayed in the car at the lake, and then sat on a bench at the park.
I am noticing some improvement with the steroid treatment, already my legs are getting markedly less spastic which is nice. But I still get weak fast and just really tired. But I remember last time that it took 2-3 weeks for the full effects to kick in.
I do not like steroids, still. The pharmacist I talked to said that many people experience a "euphoric" effect, but that a certain percentage of patients will get depressed, which definitely happens to me. I'm afraid I've been pretty grumpy with everyone around me. And it probably isn't going to get better for at least a week, so I have got to get some control! But it is worth it because I am so looking forward to being able to resume some semblance of "normalcy" in my life.
My doctor gave me Xanax, but I am very reluctant to take it because I know it will just make me even more fuzzy and zoned out than the steroids already make me. It will be over soon, though! I'll be happy to get this darned IV out of my arm tomorrow. It really cramps my style! One benefit of being out of commission is that I have noticed my big boys being more willing to clean up and do favors for me. I guess maybe because they know I'm not kidding when I tell them I *need* their help!
Mosey... not so much. He's the one I'm really most anxious to get better for. He needs more mommy-attention than he has been getting. Just keeping up with the bare minimum has been sapping pretty much all I've got, and he deserves much more. I think he must be going through a growth spurt because I hear about 25 times a day, "Mom, I'm hung-gwee!" He is eating me out of house and home! Ha ha, not really, but I think he is growing. He's not to be seen without a bag of goldfish crackers or a half-eaten apple. He decided he needed new shoes last week, and sort of "helped" his old shoes along by cutting off the velcro straps. Aargh! Time to dig through the garage to find the "boys' shoes" box. We had a little talk about only cutting *paper.*
Well, Ben is my hero tonight and is upstairs getting the boys to sleep. Or it could be more likely that he's just afraid of my steroid-induced bad mood and wants to get as far away from me as possible... It is only 6:45 PM but I've just about had it, I don't think I have any more energy to do anything else useful tonight!
Hope all of you starting school tomorrow have a great day and a great start to the new school year!

No comments: