Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hey Everyone,
Ugh. I'm dissatisfied with today. First of all (or I guess last of all) I'm up way too late. Wanted to be in bed 2 hours ago, *should* have been in bed 2 hours ago, but I wanted to get Mosey's 2 year pictures edited and uploaded and it took longer than I thought. I didn't have a very good mommy day. I seemed to have NO patience. Every little thing was driving me crazy even though the boys were not too bad. We had the missionaries over for dinner last night, and they all had late appointments, so they didn't get here till 7:30 which meant the boys didn't go to bed until nearly 10:00. So today there were a few more fights and hurt feelings than normal. But mostly it was me. Brigham is really deep into the "why" phase. Both of them have been doing the why's for the last year or so, but in the past couple of weeks it has really accelerated for Brigham. Whenever I say *anything,* his immediate response is "why?" Sometimes I can tell he's not even really expecting an answer. But other times (most other times), he does expect an answer and will not stop asking why until I give him one. It is driving me CRAZY!! He'll do things like say, "Hey mom, I got my car. Why did I get my car?" "Hey mom, I'm hungry for lunch. Why am I hungry?" "Hey mom, I want to go outside to play. Why do I want to go outside?" Ben's gotten to the point that when Brigham asks these types of questions he will just make up something like, "Because someone ran over a chicken in Russia," at which point Brigham will will look at him like he's crazy and say, "NOOO, I want to go outside because it's fun to jump on the trampoline!" Which of course begs the question of why he asked why in the first place! But for me, I am just tired. Every time I say ANYTHING, I know he will ask why. I tell the boys it is time to get in the car to go to school. "Why?" BECAUSE IT IS TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL!! Or, "Ok guys, come sit up for lunch." "Why?" Because lunch is ready! Ugh. It's not like it is so hard to answer him a question, but it is just continuous, non-stop, relentless... It has gotten to the point that I suspect the next time I hear "Hey mom..." my head will literally explode! But I'm sure this is a very important developmental stage he is going through and he's NOT doing it intentionally to drive me to distraction, so I must remain calm...
The other frustrating thing was that I tried to get the child carrier I got for Mosey's birthday installed on my bike, but my bike does not have the seat post bolt required for installation, so it won't work. Bah humbug. I tried to rig it so it sits on the front handlebars, but after about 2 hours of work, it doesn't work all that well. Anyway, I'm glad today is over and I hope tomorrow is better!
Yesterday was a pretty good day, though. Sang happy birthday to Mosey when he got up and tried to give him a special day. We went to Walmart after preschool to get him some presents and then had lunch at Burger King where he got a toy meal and played in the play area for quite a while. Got stuck twice in the ball pit and I had to crawl in and rescue him. In the afternoon I did his 2 year pictures and then a few of the big boys. Then it was to the gym, the grocery store, and home to get dinner ready. I made the soup mix I gave away at Christmas and it was really good! Frozen dinner rolls and then also chocolate birthday cake for dessert. I tried a new cake recipe-- chocolate cake mix, 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 cup egg beaters, 1 cup fat free sour cream, 1 pkg sugar free pudding (didn't have chocolate so I used pistachio), and mixed in some semi-sweet chocolate chips. Frosting was the old sugar free pudding mixed with fat free cool whip. Everyone liked it and Mosey made a big mess with his which was what he was supposed to do! For his birthday I got him a Care Bear (actually a care bear cousin-- the yellow monkey) which he LOVES and has been carrying around ever since. Also got him a little book "The Poky Little Puppy"), a small helicopter toy, and then the bicycle carrier and helmet, which I may have to return. At the end of the night he fell off the slide in the family room, bumped his head, was VERY sad, and then quickly fell asleep in my arms. Phew! I can't believe he is actually two...
So, that was the last couple of days. I am hoping tomorrow is better!

No comments: