Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Random things

I don't have time for full blog posts these days, that is certain.  But there are some things I'd like to remember, so I'm going to try to do better at least in getting those things, however unpolished, random, and disconnected they may be.

1.  Mosey decided last week that he wanted to bring in my old wheelchair from the garage.  I think he was jealous of the way I can hold the kittens on my lap while I wheel around the house.  So he's been wheeling himself around the house quite a bit the past few days.  Silly boy.  We had an AC repairman at our house today while he was wheeling himself around, but then later on Mosey followed him up the ladder into the attic.  I think the AC guy must have been very confused.  :-)

2.  Brigham and Mosey had AYO auditions tonight-- postponed a week since I discovered a flat tire last Monday afternoon as I was pulling out of the garage to drive downtown for the auditions.  Anyway, I think both boys did great.  Mosey didn't want to go to the audition earlier in the day, but allowed himself to be talked into it.  He played the same piece he played for his recital a couple of weeks ago, Vivaldi cello Sonata in E Minor.  He played it about 10 times better this evening than he did for the recital, which hadn't been his best performance.  So I think it was especially good for him to feel like he nailed it for the audition.  I hope he advances.
Brigham played his recital piece as well, Brahms Hungarian Dance #2.  This song is MADE for him.  It is completely, utterly his style, and he plays it with panache, no question about it.  The director of the AYO orchestras was there tonight and overheard him practicing.  He approached me and told me how well he plays and asked which orchestra he was trying out for.  I told him the Philharmonic (2nd to the top orchestra), and he said, "He should try out for the Symphony!"  When I told him he's only been playing for 3 1/2 years, he was amazed.  I think he spoke to Brigham as well, and I was so happy Brigham was able to get that boost from the director.  Brigham works so hard and takes violin so seriously, and frequently interprets my most gentle correction/critique as criticism, so for him to get an awesome unsolicited compliment like that was really great.

3.  We now have 4 kittens we are fostering (two are almost ready to be adopted out), and will get two more on Wednesday night, just babysitting for another foster who is going out of town.  I haven't told Ben yet.  He's not the biggest fan of this fostering business, but I think he might be coming around.  They are so incredibly cute.  Believe it or not, these photos are of 3 different kittens.  The fourth is black, but these guys look almost identical. So cute!
















4.  Joseph is writing a book!  He really is.  It's already well over 100 pages long.  He won't let me read it, or anyone else, until he is done.  Joseph is a gifted writer and I can't wait to see what he has been working on for so long.


No comments: