Monday, June 24, 2013

06/24/2013

The house sure is quiet with Brigham gone. It is interesting to see how the dynamics around here change with one of the three of them gone-- Mosey gone last week, Brigham gone this week. We all miss him! Joseph and Mosey and I had a pretty quiet day-- Joseph and Mosey went to tennis in the morning, I spent a few hours doing chores around the house, then Joseph and Mosey got some schoolwork and practicing done while I worked on curriculum stuff for next year. Joseph and I went to the library and the grocery store in the afternoon, and then home again for piano practicing (Joseph) and cello practicing (Mosey), before taking Joseph to archery at 6:30. Mosey took the dogs on a bike ride/jog with Ben (we're dog sitting a great big golden doodle, so it is dog central around here), and then we watched part of an episode of Sherlock Holmes before calling it a night. I had another walking dream last night. This one was particularly painful because it was so vivid. I had myself almost convinced that it wasn't a dream, until I realized it was. :-( All of these dreams are the same-- I figure out some way to move my legs, and suddenly I can walk again! I'm always amazed at how simple it is, and I can't believe I hadn't figured it out before! In my dream last night, I discovered if I stood on my tip toes and took very small steps, I could walk with no stiffness or weakness. It was so wonderful! In my dream I kept walking up and down the driveway, so excited that I was going to get to tell my neurologist that I could walk again! Then I started having a niggling thought that maybe this wasn't real, maybe it was just a dream. But it seemed so real that I stayed in the dream a while longer, so happy for the miracle! But then, I woke up. I'm not sure if I love these dreams or hate them. I miss walking so much, and I love that feeling of walking freely, even if it is just imaginary. But the let-down, realizing it isn't real, that I have to go back to the way I am, is pretty awful. In other news, I completed my book wish-list for school next year. Well, almost completed it. I haven't included any literature yet. My running total on a grand total of 64 items, using the cheapest used prices on Amazon, is $702.32. And that doesn't include the new bookshelf I will need to house all those new books. I think I'm going to have to pare down my wish list. :-) This is the academic equivalent of my eyes being bigger than my stomach, I think. I'm pretty sure my visions for exactly what we will be able to accomplish in a school day are vastly inflated...

No comments: