Tuesday, April 23, 2013

recent pictures

Pictures off my camera and phone from the last couple of weeks:

 Brigham's very favorite math position.  I cannot get him to put his books on the table and do math like a civilized person!  :-)  The bookshelves in the back remind me of the bookshelves in this picture I re-posted on Facebook a few days ago.  :-)



As usual, I have way too many pictures of the cats.  I need another baby.  :-)
 Pretty Luna
 She hears something outside
 She sees... something!  I turned around, but couldn't figure what she was so mesmerized by.  :-)


 Sola trying to get Mosey to play with her instead of doing his practicing.
 Oh, so cute!



 My cousin Paul rode in the BPMS150 this last weekend (a 170+ mile bike race from Houston to Austin to fundraise for MS research).  He went to Rice as well and now works in Houston.  We drove downtown after church and met him along with some of the other 12,000 (!!) riders that were streaming in all afternoon. He had to catch a bus home that evening, but he did have time to come home with us for a quick shower and a little food before heading back home.  He is a great kid.  Not a kid anymore!  Ben lived with Paul's family in Portland while doing a summer externship way back a million years ago-- 2000, I think.  Anyway, Paul was a little kid at the time and got to be buds with Ben while he was there.



 Some more of Sola's favorite past time-- staring longingly out the window.  She tries to escape out the door whenever possible.  It's so interesting to see the very different personalities of our two cats.  Luna could not care less about going outside-- she is obsessed with food.  Whenever I'm in the kitchen, she'll run up and jump on my lap hoping to get a snack.  She'll eat almost anything-- she LOVES pancakes, for example, and ate about 6 canned green beans at a sitting once.


Sola also really loved the squirrels we caught.  Oh, she so wanted to get her paws on one of them!


And the two of them at the window.  I'll see them often on Brigham's windowsill (although this is my window), staring out at the birds and squirrels in the trees outside.  It's fun to see their two tails twitching in unison, their heads moving identically back and forth as they track whatever critter happens to be passing by.

No comments: