Monday, April 22, 2013

camping

Brigham and Joseph had two scout campouts the last two weekends.  I'm not sure why they scheduled them like that, but it was fun for Brigham and Joseph.  Ben went with them and I think had a good time too.  So Mosey and I had some mother-son bonding time, and it was fun!
 The first weekend Mosey had a cello recital, so he and I got dressed up and went to the Milwood Baptist church where he performed Minuet by Boccherini.  He did great!  It's so fun to see how he has progressed from a year ago.
Afterward I gave him the choice of doing anything he wanted-- we could go out to eat, go see a movie, anything at all.  Well, Mosey is a homebody at heart-- like his mom, and so I got him a cream slush and tater tots at Sonic and then we went home and watched Hunger Games on Netflix.
The next day we got all the trees on our property trimmed.  It looks great now, and I'm glad we did it, but it made a MESS, and I had forgotten to pull the van out of the driveway before they started.  And I was supposed to play my violin at a baptism that morning!  Oops.  So I called around frantically and luckily found a ride and even got to the baptism on time.  Mosey was my helper and carried my violin and music into the church, and helped me get set up when it was time to play.  Thanks Mosey!
This last weekend Mosey and I had no plans at all.  I discovered that my tire was flat right before Ben and the twins had to leave, so Mosey and I were without a car again, but it was OK (since we're both the homebody type anyway).  He and I went on a bike ride!  Really, we did!  Ben bought a hand-cycle off ebay a couple weeks ago, and got it all put together a few days ago.  It's fun, but hard!  Right now it's only one speed since the part that allows it to have three speeds broke while Ben was putting it together.  Oops.  So on our bike ride Mosey did have to get off his bike and push me up a couple of really steep hills, but that was OK-- it was so fun to be out in the beautiful weather with my boy!  We watched a couple of episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (my favorite show from 15 years ago) after it got dark, and then turned in.  The next morning Mosey helped me clean up the house and then very nearly beat me in a game of chess.  It was only by pure luck that I won, honestly.
I think that is the last of the camping trips for a while.  I'd love to have a one-on-one mother-son weekend with my other two boys sometime!

No comments: