Friday, March 22, 2013

final New Testament mnemonics

These are why I've been so silent on my blog recently.  I've been spending all my free time working on them.  :-)
It's been fun to have a reason to draw again.
Each little story is a mnemonic device to help my seminary students memorize the scripture references to the 25 "Scripture Mastery" verses in the New Testament.  Each of them has a key quote from the scripture, and the chapter and verse numbers embedded in the story.
It was a huge amount of work, but mostly fun.  I made line drawings first, then scanned them and colored them in using Photoshop.

Most of the stories are pretty silly, but honestly, the sillier ones are the easier ones to remember!




Here are PDF versions of the cards and the full-size versions:




2 comments:

Carol said...

there's only one word for these: copyright.....

Jill T said...

Gabrielle, these are amazing! You could sell these!