Monday, March 25, 2013

03/25/2013

1.  In like a lamb, out like a lion.  That's what March seems to be like this year!  It's supposed to get down to freezing tonight, which is just ridiculous.  How can my boys be swimming in the pool on Saturday, and 2 days later it be freezing again?!  Mosey has some beans sprouting in containers in the front courtyard for some science experiments, and I just sent Ben out to bring them in so they don't freeze.  I don't remember it ever freezing here after the first day of Spring!

2.  Today was pretty OK for schoolwork.  The boys got their stuff done pretty fast.  I worked on putting together some extra credit assignments.  The boys had the idea of earning various ranks as they get extra credits in different areas, moving up through 21 different levels from recruit to general.  Joseph got it all mapped out, and Mosey assigned credits for each one.  It's a good idea and I hope it works!  I've got assignments in math, social science, history, science, literature, writing, memorization, geography, computer science, religion, music, P.E., Latin, journaling, citizenship, home economics, and art.  Perhaps a bit ambitious, but I want them to get excited about learning for the sake of learning, and not necessarily as graded schoolwork.

3.  Sola got out of the house 3 times today.  We're trying to keep the cats inside until they are at least 6 months old (they are 5 months now), but Sola really, really wants to get out.  I'm afraid if they go outside they'll become less social, not to mention they might become dinner for a hawk or one of the owls that lives up in the forest...  This afternoon the boys got three big boxes and are making a cat fort out of them.  It's pretty impressive.  Maybe we can keep the cats entertained sufficiently inside the house and they won't want to go outside.  Maybe.  :-)

I know all my pictures recently are of the cats.  It's a little pathetic.  But here's one of me and Luna, anyway. I'm pretty sure I didn't even comb my hair that day, let alone put on makeup.  Good thing my cell phone takes fuzzy pictures.  :-)  Luna still loves to hang out on our shoulders, except now she's about twice as big as she was a few months ago!  Joseph (and the other boys, a lot of the time) calls the cats "Parry-wats," since they think they are half parrot, half cat.  Clever.  :-)

No comments: