Thursday, December 01, 2011

No voice

My voice is still shot.  It's a little disconcerting to be made so painfully aware of how much I depend on being able to yell at the boys to keep order around here.  :-)
Today we had our art group at our house as usual.  The normal teacher for this unit is out of town, so I was going to pick up the lesson for her.  Except that I couldn't talk.  So I had Joseph and Brigham study up on the topic and teach the lesson for me!  It worked great.  As it was, we only did one of the planned projects, so Joseph will have to do his part next week.  We talked about color today and did a project mixing paints and making a color wheel.  Wow, that was a hit.  Actually I think anything that involves paints and mixing and making messes would be a big hit with this crowd.  :-)  Afterward, Mosey and Natasha were still fixated on the mixing thing, and ended up making a "witch's brew," a nasty concoction of paint water, this and that from my kitchen cupboards, frog pee (yes, really), dirt, vinegar, and who knows how much of whatever else.  When I was a kid, I liked making perfume.  Similar process of raiding my mom's cupboards and cabinets, but the goal was to make the NICEST concoction, not the vilest.    Ah, well.  It ended up outside anyway, which is where it's going to stay until disposed of. 
Mosey's teacher didn't show up again today, and didn't respond to emails.  What to do?!  I don't want to fire the poor guy, just getting diagnosed with cancer, but I suspect maybe he's overestimating what he'll be able to keep doing during treatment.  I tried to give him a nice "out," by saying that we do know of another teacher that we can go to for a while if he needs some time to recover from surgery and get his bearings.  But if he doesn't check his email or listen to messages, I'm not sure how to convey that.  I'm trying to move forward in teaching Mosey, but I'm really NOT qualified.
All I want for Christmas is for my kids' music teacher headache to be taken care of.  :-)

No comments: