Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Better!

Mosey had a really excellent day yesterday, after just a bit of a hiccup of a start.
The boys have morning chores before we start lessons.  Yesterday it was Mosey's turn to clear off the table, put away the breakfast things, and wipe down the countertops an table.  A really hard job, to be sure.  :-)  When I announced chore time, Mosey immediately went into a pout and said, "I'm NOT going to do it!"  This time I didn't give him any chances and he went directly to the hall closet for 10 minutes.  (Side note: having the big boys here to help me is crucial in my disciplinary abilities-- when I have to pick up a screaming, thrashing almost-7-year-old for a time-out, I can't very well wheel my wheelchair.  So I hold Mosey and one of the twins pushes us.  And Monday when Mosey ran away around block again, Joseph and Brigham both circled opposite ways around the block and man-handled him back to the van-- a very interesting sight to the neighbors, I am sure...)
However, when he came out of the closet, he was as nice and as sweet as could be and was delight all day long.  Phew!  At the end of the day I gave him a little toy airplane I've been saving in my closet for the right occasion.  He was really surprised and really happy, so I hope it will be a good positive-reinforcement for good behavior.  We'll see today!

No comments: