Friday, October 08, 2010

Weekend!

Thank goodness it's Friday!
We have had a good couple of days.  Yesterday (Thursday) is our busy day, with piano right after lessons, and violin right after piano.  We don't get home until 7:00 PM.  I was so tired when I got home, it was about all I could do to make Ramen noodles for dinner, and then lay in bed and read "Farmer Boy" to Mosey for a few minutes before falling asleep.  I have a talent for reading aloud even while I'm mostly asleep.  I have no idea what I'm reading, and occasionally I'll catch myself saying something that makes absolutely no sense, but still-- sleep-reading, not bad!  I woke up at 10:00 so I could listen in on a conference call while my youngest brother Christian opened his mission-call.  Paris, France!  He is the 7th Frandsen sibling to be called to Europe, and to the same mission that Rachel was in, to boot.  I think he is thrilled.  He's been speaking French for years, and even won some big awards in French competitions in high school, and he's really devoted to the gospel, so I know he will be a great missionary.
This morning I got another great call-- this time from my younger sister Naomi who reported from the ultrasound clinic that she is having another girl!  I was really rooting for a girl because my sisters are some of the biggest blessings in my life, and Polly needs a sister!
We had lessons this morning and then cut things short to go to the lake park for an hour before horseback riding lessons.  Joseph caught a fish!  He brought it back home in a bucket to show Ben.  He caught it all himself-- tying a piece of fishing line to a stick, attaching a hook and a piece of corn as bait.  Then it was off to horseback riding, then back home, eat a quick dinner, and Joseph and Brigham went to basketball.  Mosey and I stayed home-- painted a golf ball he found at the lake park, practiced violin, and read more "Farmer Boy" until his brothers got home.
I haven't been using my big camera for a few weeks.  I'm not sure why, I'm just not motivated.  It probably has to do with the weeks and weeks of photos I have uploaded on my computer and have not organized or edited.  I feel obligated to edit my SLR photos and make them pretty, but not so much with my little point and shoot.  So, all I have to share today are snapshots.  Here are some random recent shots:
 As I was organizing and sorting the boys' artwork, I came across these two Easter baskets the twins made last Easter.  I thought they were so funny and representative of the two of them.  Brigham's (on the right) is decorated with hearts and vines and flowers, his name written so carefully with his special flourishes.  Joseph's (on the left), is decorated with red flames and scowling monster faces with sharp teeth and scary eyes.  On an Easter basket!!  :-)


 Here is Joseph earlier tonight with blue gill that he caught.  I'm not sure what his expression means.  Probably exasperation since this was the 3rd picture I took-- the first one he was blinking and in the second one the fish was out of the flash range.


 Here is Mosey practicing the violin.  Look at that good form!  He's so cute!  He can be a bit (or a lot) squirrelly during practicing, but he's enthusiastic and improving quickly. And he really, really loves his teacher's dog, which actually helps quite a bit in motivating him to practice.  Hey, whatever works!


Here's is Brigham up in the tree at the lake park on Wednesday.  He takes off his shoes-- the better to grip the tree and shimmy up.  It's hard to tell here, but he's pretty high up-- at least 20 feet.  What a monkey!

No comments: