Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

There is this cool project, the "One Day on Earth" project happening today.  People all around the world are documenting their lives on 10-10-10.  I totally planned to participate, and then woke up this morning and promptly forgot.
Not that today was anything totally remarkable.
I woke up at 8:00 (love 11:00 church).
Made it to church by 9:45 for a meeting.  Ben made it to church with the boys by a quarter to 11 so he could do prelude music.
Church proceeded nicely.  Brigham bore his testimony for the first time in front of the congregation.  It was short and sweet: "I want to bear my testimony that Joseph Smith was a true prophet.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."  I guess there's not a whole lot to add to that, is there?
After church, Joseph was not feeling well.  He was sick last night with a fever and came and slept next to me in bed.  This afternoon he started throwing up.  I lay in bed next to him and consoled him through a terrible afternoon of throwing up.  Poor, poor kid.  I am worried this virus will make the rounds.  I'm almost certainly not immune to it myself, so I'm just waiting for it to hit me...
Ben and Brigham made dinner.  Brigham made a chocolate cake all by himself!  Even the frosting, with direction from me.  Joseph came out and attempted to eat some applesauce, but his stomach quickly rebelled.
After dinner we sat on the couch and watched "The Black Stallion" on Netflix.  Brigham and Mosey had watched it earlier in the afternoon, but Joseph wanted to see it, too.  We read the book a couple of months ago.  The movie is really excellent.  We didn't finish it because Joseph fell asleep on the couch, but we'll for sure finish it tomorrow.  It might be one worth buying.
Now the boys are all asleep, and I'm heading there myself.  It's Christopher Columbus Day tomorrow, which means the public school kids are off.  The cub scouts are going on a field trip, so we'll do abbreviated lessons so the boys can go.  It should be a pretty low-key Monday.  I'm praying that no one else comes down with the stomach virus overnight.
Well, there's a sick boy stirring on the couch behind me, and the clock reads 10:10 on 10/10/'10, so I'll sign off.
Happy TEN day!

1 comment:

Mama said...

That would have been a cool project.... Maybe on 11/11/11 -- although that doesn't quite have the same ring as 10/10/10.