Sunday, December 07, 2008

Lightning Bolts!


The boys' soccer season ended yesterday. They ended up with a winning record! Lost 2, tied 3, won 3!
Yesterday we played the hardest team in the league; they beat us easily three weeks ago. They had a couple of real super-stars, and their coach had to actually pull them out at the end so they didn't run the score up.
But yesterday, we benefited from their misfortune. One of their super-stars was out, and they had two games in a row. We were their second game. Every team in the league had one day where they played two games, and we lost our second game as well. It's hard for those little kids to play hard for 2 hours straight! (although in our defense, it was HOT the day we had 2 games in a row, and yesterday it was downright chilly, for Austin)
Anyway, we beat them 2-0, and it ended up being the only game the other team lost all year. I felt bad for those little players, but mostly I felt happy that my boys ended the season on a win. They had been saying all morning that they were going to win the game, and I was worried they were setting themselves up for a fall. I kept saying that I didn't care if they won or lost, as long as they played clean and did their best.
But they won!



This is what Mosey does during games. Makes faces at me and tries to block me from taking pictures.



Here is Joseph about to kick the ball. Brigham is right behind him, catching air.
The two of them are a pretty formidable force on the field.



Here's Brigham after the game. He was happy, but decided to give me his tough-guy look.


On a different note, we also got the boys' soccer portraits yesterday. I opened Brigham's envelope and saw this cute, sweet picture of him:

.
.
.
.
And then I opened Joseph's envelope, and saw this:

The world's best soccer picture ever.

Ooh, he had been a serious pill that day. The photographer was not happy with him. I wonder why? He refused to cooperate or smile. This is the lovely team photo they got:

Luckily, there were only 7 kids there that day. I took the top photo yesterday after the game, we had all our players but one yesterday. And Joseph was in a slightly better mood.
Anyway, Joseph is the ultimate photographer's child. And the ultimate pill when he wants to be.
But in a secret sort of way, I can't help but think his antics were worth it, just to get that priceless picture of him glowering with the soccer ball.
Totally worth the $15.

4 comments:

Rena said...

So worth the money!! Russ and I had a good laugh at Joseph's picture!

Lonna said...

Nothing quite like ending the season on a high note...and with the pictures that really show how great your kids are. That is so funny that your kids have so much fun with their photos.

I was too afraid that I would have to do the entire picture day drama over to fool around in them. Plus the wrath of my mom was a big factor too.

paul said...

great photos! cute kids...

Hildie said...

I love that picture! Definitely one to keep and embarrass him with over the years.