Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Welcome to the world, baby Mary

I was honored to be able to be at the birth of this new little one.  I've never been to a birth, besides my own kids'!  Rachel invited me to be there, and I was hoping she wouldn't come before I could get down to San Antonio.  She was very obliging, and when I got Rachel's call in the morning, I set off as soon as I possibly could.  I made it down to San Antonio in record time, and made it to the birthing center seriously like 15 minutes before she was born.  Rachel was so strong and brave to have this baby with no anesthesia whatsoever.  Baby Mary was beautiful and healthy and I cried when she was born.  A little later I drove to a friend of Rachel's to pick up Rosalia and Jacob to meet their new sister Mary Alice.  Such sweetness to see those two with their baby.  Rosalia and Jacob stayed with us that day and the next until my mom flew out and brought them back to be reunited with their mom and dad.
I love taking newborn photos, maybe more than any other kind.  Mary Alice was mellow and calm and alert!  She is a lucky baby to be born into her family.































No comments: