Monday, February 03, 2014

02/03/2014

I can't believe it's already February.  Slow down, time!
I keep meaning to update my blog, but then too many things happen and then I feel like I need to update on all of it, and I don't have the time right then, so I put it off and I never do have more time, etc., etc., forever.  :-)
But here's a couple of updates:
Mosey turned TEN!!  Yikes.  How can I have 3 preteens?!  He had a fun birthday, and then a fun birthday party the next day.  I invited people via email the day before, that's how I do things around here.  :-)  They shot our blowdart gun, shot some arrows with our bow and arrow and makeshift
So Christian has been with us for about 2 weeks.  It is fun having him around!  He will be here for at least the semester, taking a break from school, Provo winters, and hopefully helping me out at home and perhaps doing some work for Ben.  It's great.  So far, he's been doing my dishes and vacuuming floors and helping the boys with their schoolwork.  I think it's really fun for them to have an uncle around-- he's more like an older brother, really.
I'm hoping while he's here I'll be able to figure out how to get things done a little quicker around here so I can do things like post on my blog more often!  :-)
Joseph decided definitely to do homeschool after a week at public school.  It took too many hours out of his day, and he  missed his mom too much.  Just kidding on that last part.  :-)
We ARE buying the cabin I mentioned in my last family letter!  We got a couple of other people to go in on it with us and we will close at the end of February.  After mulling it over for several days and going back and forth about it, Ben and I are both really excited.  I hope it will be the location for lots of great family memories.
Weather around here has been CRAZY.  I guess most of the USA has had a crazy winter.  It's been the coldest I can remember around here.  But in typical Austin fashion, it gets cold, then warm, then cold again.  You never have time to get bored.  :-)  A week ago Sunday it was 76 degrees.  Then on Tuesday a huge cold front blew in and we had ICE.  The highs barely broke freezing that day.  The boys were so bummed out that it didn't snow.  Well, it sort of snowed, but then it iced and it mostly was just a crust of icy snow that lasted a few hours.  And then by Friday it was in the 70's again for the weekend, until Sunday when ANOTHER cold front blew in and the high was 39.  I wonder of anywhere else in the country has had quite the temperature extremes that we have had?
That's it for tonight.  One of these days I'm going to post about CHRISTMAS.  6 weeks too late.  Oh well, that's the way things go right now.  :-)

2 comments:

Mama said...

I am just getting around to reading this post - SO EXCITED about the cabin!! I already have visions of family reunions and Grandma camps and so many wonderful things. Good for you! Good for us!

Mama said...

I am just getting around to reading this post - SO EXCITED about the cabin!! I already have visions of family reunions and Grandma camps and so many wonderful things. Good for you! Good for us!