Wednesday, October 09, 2013

a few things.

1.  Brigham has been loving the bunsen burner I got for our chemistry class this year.  Yesterday he spent an hour or so distilling water.  Today he asked if he could boil down his spit in a test tube to see what was left.  Eww.  I said no.  Should I have said yes?  Maybe I'll let him do it tomorrow.

2.  Luna is a little hunter.  Yesterday she caught a lizard outside, brought it inside to show all of us, and proceeded to eat it up with all of us as her audience.  And the night before she brought in a mouse she had caught and was going crazy playing with it.  It was actually super-cute if you could look past the gruesome dead-mouse bit.  At least it wasn't bloody.  Ben took it outside, but she immediately retrieved it and brought it in again.  She was having such a good time that Ben decided to let her play with it a while longer.  Well, she disappeared with it, and now it is MIA.  I don't *think* she ate it, which means that unless she was courteous to bring it back outside, we have a dead mouse somewhere inside the house.  Double ewww.

3.  World of Tanks...  Sigh... How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.  Joseph and Mosey are obsessed.  They love to talk to (at) me about the game and all the different tanks they have and the pros and cons of each one, and battle strategy and how many more experience points they need to get to the next tier, and should they spend their gold to buy a new tank or to get an upgrade on one they currently have, and on and on and on.  Seriously, those two could talk for HOURS about World of Tanks, barely stopping to take a breath.  It will come up at the most random times.  I'll be doing a quadratic equation with Joseph and he'll be looking studiously at his paper, presumably concentrating on algebra, and he'll suddenly start elaborating on some World of Tanks intricacy and I'll have to reel him back in to the real world of math homework.  :-)  Tonight as I was taking Mosey home from cello lessons, I congratulated him on moving up to Suzuki book 4.  Enthusiastically he responded, "Yeah, I know, it's just like World of Tanks..." and he was off, talking nonstop all the way home..  I never did figure out exactly what the Suzuki tie-in was.  :-)

No comments: