Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to school

The public schools in our district all started today, so that means we are back full-time as well.
Today went pretty darn well. I was comparing things to a year ago, and, as I've thought about 20,000 times over the past few weeks, am I ever glad it is this year, not last year.
Mosey started on some formal lessons. Not much, but he is working on handwriting and math. And I got him a spelling book at Walmart today because he really wanted it. :-)
And I'm again wondering how in the world it is that I have NO time? The day just flew by. A little laundry, a few meals, some lessons, a trip to Walmart, and here it is, 10:00 PM and I have not had a moment to do any of my own stuff. I have a ton of pictures that I'd like to get edited someday. A great library book I've only read 2 pages of. 3 loads of laundry clean and dry that have not been put away.
This is just life, right?
I have a really big goal of getting to bed earlier (yes, the same goal I've had at the beginning of every school year since about 10th grade), so I'm just going to have to let my list of projects keep expanding.

1 comment:

Angee said...

Gabby, I would like a list of some of you favorite teaching books. Pretty Please?