Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eating me out of house and home

With 3 boys, I know the time is not far away when I will not be able to keep food in the house. I thought I had a few more years, though.
Do you know what Joseph ate for dinner tonight?
1. One Yoplait yogurt
2. One bowl of cream of mushroom soup
3. Two pieces of cinnamon raisin toast
4. One bowl of Strawberry Frosted Miniwheats (with milk)
5. One bowl of Cinnamon Life cereal (with milk)
6. One bowl of Cookie Crunch cereal (with milk)

Oh my GOSH! That is more than I eat in a whole day.
I know he is growing, though, him and Brigham. All their long-sleeved shirts are looking a little like 3/4 sleeved shirts these days. I tell them they have to wait until next fall before I'm going to buy any new ones, though, since they're still going to be growing and long-sleeved season is almost over down here in Austin.

2 comments:

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

Yikes, I hope you can keep up with the groceries! Gabrielle, I really appreciated your previous post. I never knew you were challenged with a stutter. A lot of your thoughts and recollections are a lot of the things I fear for Aaron--struggling to express himself, feeling misunderstood or judged by his classmates, etc. It will be difficult, but I hope I can help Aaron develop full capacity of listening, speech (and confidence!) as we go through countless auditory verbal and speech therapy sessions. We're already going and I really love it, it gives me new ideas to teach and play with him at home. Hopefully Aaron can be as strong as you through speech challenges. Thanks for your thoughts.