Friday, February 13, 2009

2 degrees

That's all it took to spoil all my fun. 2 measly degrees.
Mosey was sick on Monday. He had a slight fever, and slept almost the whole day. He was fine by that evening.
On Tuesday I started feeling not-so-great. Around noon I started getting really stiff, and my eyes were bugging me (getting fuzzy). I started panicking that I was experiencing the beginning of another MS relapse, which would be disastrous. I was almost relieved when the body aches started coming on and I realized I was getting sick. I lay down at around 2:00, and by the time I woke up at 4:00, I knew I was sick. I called Ben to come home, and then got up to use the bathroom. I barely managed to make it into the bathroom, but couldn't manage to get myself back to my bedroom. I ended up on the bathroom floor, unable to move anymore at all. Mosey came in and thoughtfully brought me a towel to put under my head and I waited for Ben to come home. I'm just glad I called him before I got up to the bathroom, or I might have been stuck there for a very long time.
When Ben got home he carried me back to bed and I took my temperature, wondering what my threshold was between walking and total immobility. 100.6. Two degrees! How can 2 measly degrees cause so much trouble?
Well, I ran a fever for 3 days and had to cancel my trip to see my sister and her new baby. Boo. Not fair! I was so looking forward to taking a little break from things at home and going to see my sister and spend time with my mom and baby nephew. What lousy timing.
Joseph got sick yesterday, too, so the two of us lay around in misery all day long.
I'm no longer feverish today, but still not feeling great. And Joseph started throwing up this morning. Oh joy.
So I'm waiting for Brigham to come down with it next. I guess not having kids in public school doesn't protect us 100% from nasty little bugs.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

oh, gabrielle, I'm so sorry! I wish I could be there with you right now.

Abbie Nelson said...

Boooooo! Stinky week!
You're making bedrest sound pretty awesome.
I'm sending positive vibes your way! I think all my kids get sick from church...people are always bringing their kids sick to church.
TAKE CARE!!

Lonna said...

Yikes, two degrees doesn't seem like that much, until you are laying on the bathroom floor waiting for help. I love how sweet your boys are, that little Mosey bringing you a towel, it really just melts my heart.

seriously there is nothing quite as yucky as the whole family getting sick, and especially when it moves slowly from person to person, by the time everyone is better is has been weeks. I hope that you all have speedy recovery's because nobody likes to feel sick.