Friday, November 02, 2007

Halloweeeeeeen

Halloween at the Turners' house was fun! I love Halloween, I just think it is good fun for kids. It has always been one of my favorite holidays.
This year the boys picked their own costumes. Joseph picked a "Scream" costume (he called himself the angel of death), Brigham was a Dementor, and Mosey was Funshine Bear (is anyone surprised about that? I got it for $8 off ebay).
I made the big boys choose different costumes for the church Trunk-or-Treat. I didn't think the Angel of Death and a Dementor were exactly appropriate for a church activity. So they were pirates, and very cute. I have pictures of that but haven't uploaded them yet so you'll have to wait.
I waited until the last day to buy pumpkins, I just kept forgetting. So I went to Walmart in the morning, and all the pumpkins were gone. When Ben got home from work, he took Joseph and Mosey to look for pumpkins, but didn't find any in 2 (or 3?) different stores, so he came home with some decorative gourds, these cool green and white pumpkins (which you can't carve), a pineapple, and a watermelon. We hollowed out the pineapple and watermelon and I carved faces into them. Much yummier than regular pumpkin guts. Mosey wanted me to carve one of the little gourds into a jack-o-lantern, so I did so.
We almost had a disaster looking for the boys' masks, Joseph was in tears at one point. Thankfully we found them so all was well. Ben took the boys trick-or-treating and I sat on the porch and gave out candy. We didn't have that many trick-or-treaters, which was a little sad. A combination of an older neighborhood and our immediate neighbors with porch lights off. It was ok though.
When the boys got home they ate a few pieces of candy and then it was time for bed!
I actually kept the boys home from school the next day. Brigham was up part of the night with a croupy cough, and I was exhausted, so I just decided to scrap it.
Ok, off we go to dinner at the Bradfords! I'll update on more later.


The trick-or-treaters!! So excited.



Pineapple jack-o-lantern. Tried to put his "hair" on, but the candle kept going out. Pretty scary, huh? :-)



With flash.



Watermelon Jack-o-lantern. I kind of like the bloody glow.




With flash.



Here is Mosey's gourd I cut into a jack-o-lantern "with cat eyes" per Mosey's request. I got some of the juice of this gourd on my hands and it is the bitterest thing EVER. These are definitely not to eat.



With flash.

Left side of front porch with our skeleton and the green and white pumpkins Ben got.



Right side of the porch with our giant plastic pumpkin, and the chair where I sat giving out candy. And our witch of course!


The whole front porch. I'm not sure why I'm sharing these porch pictures. Not very interesting!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I was digging the porch shots. I take shots like that all the time and have fun looking back on them to see how I decorated in previous years.

You're right, the pirates were probably more appropriate for the trunk-or-treat. The boys and Ben looks great in their other costumes too!