Saturday, June 09, 2007

June 9, 2007

Ok, so you've seen a bunch of Naomi's engagement pictures. If you want to see ALL of them (like 60-something I think), you can go to my photosite page.

I've been pretty busy the last few days. Young Women stuff, Naomi's pictures, some drawings I'm working on, and keeping the boys occupied.

Wednesday night I had mutual and the boys were very uncooperative for Ben and didn't go to bed until after I got home (and I went grocery shopping after mutual), so it was about 10:30 before they were in bed. And their normal bedtime is 7:00, so that was pretty darn late. As a result Thursday was... not the best day. Lots of whining and fighting and generally being very uncooperative. And I was up even later Thursday night so I was tired and irritable too which did not improve the situation. Anyway that night I had to go to Enrichment and present on "Loving life and learning" and I was feeling especially non-spiritual and especially not-loving life at the moment. So as I was handing the boys off to Ben I said exasperatedly that the boys had had a *really* bad day. Brigham immediately said, "No, mom, we didn't have a bad day, YOU had a bad day!" I just had to laugh at that, because he was right. But enrichment was nice and Friday was a better day.
Friday we went to the YMCA outdoor pool. It was so nice! It is free to get in, has one of those zero entrances where the water comes right up to the ground level like a shore line. It had 3 different water slides into the deeper end (deepest part is only like 4 feet), and 5 different fountains in the shallow side. The boys had a really good time, and Mosey didn't hang on to me for dear life like he did a year ago, so I have some hope for swimming lessons which start on Tuesday.

Friday was also the first day we could officially take possession of our new house, as the previous owners rented back from us for a couple of weeks. So we went there last night and the boys and Ben went swimming in the backyard. I didn't have my swimsuit with me so I didn't go, and went inside quickly as I was getting bit up by mosquitoes. We will really have to come up with some sort of mosquito solution because they were SO BAD. Man I hate mosquitoes. Today I think we might move our hammock and trampoline to the new house so we can go hang out there in the afternoons before we officially move in. I'm going to be putting in hardwood in the master bedroom, probably going to buy the wood today. I'm going to attempt to do it myself, I don't think it should be too hard, and it is only one room, so we will see. It is $2.50/sq ft to get it installed, so I'd really like to do it myself.
Last night I was reading Mosey his alphabet book and we got to the L is for Lemon part, and I asked him, "What do you do with lemons?" thinking he would say, "Make lemonade." But instead he yelled, "Lemons are for throwing in the pool!!" I totally cracked up at that. For those who don't get the humor, my parents have a rather large lemon tree right by their pool, and whenever we go there it is a continual battle to get the grandkids to stop throwing lemons into the pool. Apparently Mosey was completely oblivious to all our efforts to keep lemons out of the water...

Ok, that's it for today. I'll leave you with the drawings I've been working on. They're not entirely finished, but nearly there.

4 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

Gaby, This is paige jones. I saw your blog from kelly's blog and I'm so amazed at your drawings. Drawing is definatley not a talent i have. When you become less busy I would love to have you do a drawing for me or have you take our family pictures. I really liked your talk at enrichment. You did a great job. I now want to start reading up on things so I will have the answers when my kids start asking me questions! However, I'm not so sure that bats will be high on my list of things to read about!! I lived in an apartment with bats and those things scare me a little!!

Kelly said...

Gabby, your drawings are so precious. I didn't realize you had that talent as well. I know you're an awesome photographer already.

Yes, you did really well at enrichment. I'm sorry to hear it was a lousy day that day when I called looking for a replacement speaking on THAT DAY, which probably added to the pressure. But maybe it was a good thing, because you certainly enriched a lot of us with your sweet words you shared.

How did you manage to take Naomi's photos? When were you around them and where were they taken?

Gabrielle said...

Paige: Thank you for your kind words! It would be really fun to take pictures or do drawings for you. After my sister's wedding things will be a little less crazy for me, so I'll let you know!

Kelly: Don't worry, your request didn't stress me out. I knew immediately I would talk about my mom and dad, so it was pretty easy.
I went up to D.C. to visit Naomi a couple of weekends ago (Memorial Day weekend), and we took pictures in D.C. and also down in Charlottesville where they will be living. Such a beautiful part of the country.

Kelly said...

D.C. and Charlottesville are very pretty places. You are going to get popular here withy our photography! (Paige, I've already asked her to do photos of our family too.)