Monday, September 01, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

Here is an excerpt from my family letter detailing my birthday today.  I can't say I'm loving turning 38 (I'm not), but I did have a very nice birthday.
Hi family,
Rachel is sitting next to me at the kitchen table working on her family letter, prompting me to write mine!  Have I mentioned recently how much I LOVE having Rachel and Jonathan so close???  I can't even explain how great it is.  She and her family came up yesterday evening and celebrated my birthday with me today.  Jonathan went home tonight, and Rachel and the kiddos will stay till tomorrow.
Rachel and Jonathan made waffles with homemade buttermilk syrup and strawberry sauce for breakfast this morning.  She's invited to all my birthdays from now on.  :-) Rachel was all set to make me pineapple upside down cake too (flashback to all my birthdays on family camping trips with dutch oven upside down cake), but Ben and the boys had a dessert surprise already for me.  They got me single serving containers of lemon meringue pie, backlava, caramel-filled/chocolate covered cake balls, and half of a strawberry cake.  AND a bag of jelly bellies, sunkist fruit gems, candy raspberries and blackberries, and peach rings.  Do you think they know I have a sweet tooth?  I'm happy I have so many people here to share it all with me!  The boys also continued their tradition of each buying me a different type of flower to make a larger bouquet.  They are sweet.  And Ben took care of the massive wood/brush/branches pile behind our garage, which involved many hours feeding our weed chipper (my love language is service), so I am feeling very well loved.
It was really fun to go to church today with Rachel.  We both got a million comments about how much we look and sound alike.  I'm always very flattered to be told I resemble Rachel!

Here is a picture of the darling Happy Birthday banner my sister Rosalynde sent me.  It's so cute, I just love it.

No comments: