Monday, November 18, 2013

This weekend

Ben and the big boys had a scout campout on Friday night, so it was just Mosey and I at home for about 24 hours.  It also happened to be his fall cello recital-- Ben was away at another campout for his last recital!!  Darn it.  But he played wonderfully, and afterward we got sandwiches at KFC and watched The Avengers on the couch.  Mosey snuggled next to me in my room for the night.  How I love that boy.
Here is a video of his recital:


On Saturday Mosey and I got up and did some housework, then he took the dog on a long walk.  She got into some stinky standing water somewhere along the way and Mosey had to give her a bath.

Saturday afternoon we had a Stop the Condos meeting at our house.  Such an interesting process.  Lots of work to do on it.  I only attended 40 minutes of the meeting before I had to go to a rehearsal in Pflugerville-- I'm in an ensemble that will play Autumn from Vivaldi's Four Seasons.  We sound surprisingly OK.  :-)  It's fun to play.

Then Saturday evening Ben and I went to the adult session of Stake Conference, after dropping Brigham and Joseph off at a friend's house to babysit.  Joseph stayed in the apartment for just a few minutes, then abandoned Brigham and went outside the rest of the evening.  I was a bit peeved at him for this, but Brigham held his own against the 3 little kids.  He even changed his very first diaper ever.  Fun times for 12 year old boys.  :-)  He and Mosey are getting to be good little babysitters.  They end up being the ones to babysit little kids that come here with their moms for meetings, etc.  Brigham did a good job, even cleaning up the house after the kids were in bed.

When we got home, we discovered that Mosey had rescued a little vole from the clutches of the kitties.  He put it in a bowl to keep for a day or so, and then this morning we found another one behind a book case.  We think maybe the cats got into a vole burrow, each cat bringing one in to play with, and then one escaped.  They are actually really cute little things-- fuzzier and rounder than mice for example.  Mosey's got them in a small cage for now while we decide what to do with them.


1 comment:

Mama said...

Bravo to Mosey!! That is a BIG cello and a BIG sound! He is doing GREAT!! Thank you so much for recording these recitals - it kills me that I can't be there to hear my grandchildren in person - your videos are the next best thing.