Monday, July 08, 2013

07/08/2013

Summer is flying by.
The boys had some friends over on Saturday.  They used to be in our ward until the ward split, and then they moved to Utah.  Jacob is 1 month older than the twins, and Andrew is 1 month older than Mosey, so they match up great.  We miss them a lot.  The kids have been in Austin visiting their dad, and so they've been able to get together with our boys a couple of times.  They played airsoft (donning thick jackets and face masks, even in the heat!-- that's dedication), went swimming, and played Tanki and World of Tanks.  Before bed I let them watch an hour or so of Netflix.  Joseph chose an episode of X-files which I hope did not scar the other boys forever.  My boys have a pretty high tolerance for dark drama, being my sons and all...  :-)  Then the Anderson boys chose an episode of  "Jessie" which I guess is a Disney show.  It was a pretty cute show, but I think went largely over the heads of my boys, since it was so full of pop references and jokes that my boys don't really get.  I was kind of happy to see how uninterested my boys were in that show, but it also elicited the familiar anxieties and second-guessings about how we're raising these boys...
Anyway, here is a video of the twins and Jacob sword-fighting in the front yard.  My boys take it extremely seriously.  :-)

No comments: